Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thankful

I am thankful for so many things... but on a day to day basis I tend to forget and become enveloped in the annoying, the irritating, the unimportant. So, for today, I am making an effort to be thankful. Here are the things on my mind:

1. That my children are both at home safe. Bad choices have been made, innocence shattered, adulthood tested. But for now, they are home. They seem content. We are together. We ate dinner tonight at the table. Everyone ate. No one glared. Giggling happened. There was witty banter. Plans were made.

2. I had a lovely evening on Tuesday. I learned that I am not the only one. That many suffer from the same woes as I. I drank lovely white wine. I chatted. I listened. I ate some seriously tasty tacos.

3. For 7 days in a row I have worked out. My body occasionally aches, but I feel my heart growing stronger. My waist is as small as it was back in March.

4. That tomorrow we will celebrate the beginning of summer with ice cream for breakfast.

5. That I took my crazy little dog for a walk today.

6. That Mark accompanied me on my weekly grocery shopping trip today.

7. In 9 days I will be on my way to Cabo. And sweet and sassy Kristin and Levi are coming with us! I can't wait.

8. That I got to spend time last weekend with some of my dearest high school friends. That Michelle is reveling in motherhood. And I saw Danette 3 times in the last 3 weeks... that must be a record!

9. That it has been sunny here for 2 days straight.

I hope you are enjoying your summer!
Love, Nancy

No comments: